Saturday, July 18, 2009

Post surgery Day 3



I slept pretty well last night and had no pain in my leg or knee.  I have a 9:45 AM appointment with the surgeon to remove the cast, the bandages and the stitches.  He thought everything looked good except I still had some swelling on my knee.  He told me to keep ice on it and the swelling would eventually come down.  The surgeon could have drained it with a needle but wanted to wait for the swelling to go down on its own.  I have included 2 photos from my office visit.  I was quite surprised that I only had 2 incisions below my knee and a needle hole on top where the drain was pit in.  You can see from the photos that my knee is still very swollen and bruised around where they went inside.  You can also see where I had to right YES to denote which leg they were doing surgery on.  What a fail safe system.  The surgeon wants me to keep the immobilizer cast on when I walk and thinks I can start my therapy on Monday.  I can put weight on the leg but the main thing that I need to work on is getting my flexibility back.  He doesn't want me driving until next week and just wants me to take it easy.  I also still have to wait until tomorrow until I can take a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment