Sunday, July 19, 2009

Post Surgery Day 4 (Finally A Shower)

I has been 4 days since my arthroscopic surgery and everyday I can bend my knee a little more.  The surgeon wants me to keep the immobilizer cast on for must of the time but when I have it off I have started to gently stretch my range of motion.  I am waiting until Monday when I see my physical therapist to see what I should be doing for exercises.  I am hoping see also clears me for swimming because i think it is the only cardio activity I will be able to do for a few weeks.  I think the bike my be a week or 2 away until a have good rotation of my knee.  It is frustrating not being able to do the things that I take for granted like giving my son a bath, or taking him up to his bedroom.  I should be able to handle stairs relatively soon but kneeling down for baths or yoga dog position my be out of my reach for a month.  I know in the end it will all be worth it because I can already tell that the bump I used to have on the inside of my knee is no longer there as well as it is not sensitive to touch.  Just have to work hard through the rehab and make sure I do everything they tell me too.  

I finally got to take a shower tonight.  I can tell you it was a glorious event that I did not want to end.  My sharpie markings and the iodine from the surgery are still on my skin around the knee because I did not want to scrub to hard.  I have been icing my knee 3-4 times a day trying to get the rest of the swelling down.  

Right now everything is feeling good and I am getting around pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment