Friday, July 24, 2009

Post Surgery Day 8

My second day of physical therapy got me started on a exercise bike.  I was quite surprised when I got there that my therapist told me to get on a exercise bike for 10 minutes.  She told my range of motion looked good enough to give it a try.  I honestly didn't think I would be on a bike for at least 4-6 weeks so this is really great.  I know they are not going to let me run or get on an elliptical glider for 2-3 months so I was concerned how I was going to stay in shape during this recovery.  I knew I was going to heavily rely on swimming because there is no resistance on the knee.  I can swim okay but I am no Michael Phelps when it comes to my strokes so getting on a bike is very encouraging.  I took up spinning this year because my knee was getting worse so I was already getting into biking before the surgery.  My wife and I have been talking about taking our bikes out on the silver comet trail for a while and I think this is a great excuse to do that.  Just need to build up my strength and stamina and then head out.  Here is the link to the Silver Comet Trail Trail for anyone who is interested. http://www.silvercometga.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment