Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Day 10

It was my birthday today and I am excited that this is going to be a great year for me.  I feel by this time next year I will have completed all my goals and be searching for new challenges.  Today, I thought that it might be helpful to get a physical after completing my 8 week Challenge To Me.   I should find out my cholesterol and blood sugar levels after changing my diet so drastically.  There is a history of heart disease and diabetes in my family so I probably need to monitor things more closely.

I had a great workout at the gym this morning.   I reversed the order of my training today and started with weight training and finished off with cardio.   I sometimes feel if I am pushing myself hard through 30 minutes of cardio which doesn't allow me to lift as much as I'm tired after exerting myself for the 30 minutes of cardio.

I trained back and biceps today and started to increase my weight through some of the exercises.  In order to get stronger and gain more muscle mass I will need to start lowering my repetitions and add weight.   If you constantly are doing 12-15 repetitions at the same weight your body gets used to the movement and you are not getting as much as you can from the training.   I finished the workout with my 400 meter sprints.   I did these at 7.0 on the treadmill with walking breaks at 4.0.  The breaks were 60, 45, and 30 second intervals.   I completed 3.18 miles in 30 minutes for a 9:29 average pace.  I think I am ready to move these up to around 7.5 on Friday.

Since it was my birthday I chose to deviate a bit from my daily plan.   I ended up having sushi for dinner - the rice certainly packed on a lot of extra calories but I also gained a lot more protein than a normal day.   I finished the evening with a 1/6 serving of Carvel ice cream cake.   Even with the sushi and ice cream cake I still ended up under my daily intake because of my cardio earlier in the day.


Food And Exercise



Calories


No comments:

Post a Comment