Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day 16

Today is the last full day on The Rock Boat.   I got up early again this morning before sun rise to go for my 5 mile run.  Around mile 3 a strange thing happened to me.   I heard these bells and jingles behind me and they were following me.  When I looked over my shoulder I thought I might be hallucinating the imagine I saw.  There was a certain member of our crew with a cigarette in their mouth running after me on the track.  Let's just say it is 7AM and they had not gone to bed yet.  We can also assume they probably had a lot to drink last night.  I was running at a 8:30 mile pace and this person wanted to race me around the track.  I almost had to stop because I was about to laugh to hard where I could no longer run.  I just ran a little faster to see if they would disappear.  For a minute I was alone again watching the sun rise across the ocean.  Then as I turned the next corner in front of me appeared a human hurdle laying in Downward Dog.   I had either had to jump over this individual or stop running.   Let's say this happened 3 more times before the crew member realized it was time to go load in for our sound check.  I finished my 5 mile run and headed to the gym.  I was planning on working out back and biceps this morning.  I only lasted about 20 minutes because the ship was rocking a little to much and I was getting a headache as I was trying to train.  

I feel like I did a good job over these 4 days of staying true to my plant based lifestyle.  I think the big realization was that the Vitamix shakes I make really suppress my appetite and give me the fuel to workout.   The Arden's Garden juices I brought were good but they just don't fill you up.  I probably ate more pasta than I would have wanted but there were not a lot of other vegetarian options.  I had lots of salads and beans and only drank water with my meals.

This experience gives me hope that when I am traveling on a tour bus from city to city that I can find ways to eat like I do at home.   I might have to convince Tony The Merch guy to brink his Ninja Bullet blender on the road so we can enjoy high calorie vegetable shakes in the mornings.

Food And Exercise


Calories




No comments:

Post a Comment