Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 4

This was another running day for me and it was not looking good outside.   It had started to rain and the temperature was around 39 degrees.  I had not run a long outside run since December so I was really looking forward to going out for a 5 mile jog.  I decided I was going to bundle up in my cold weather gear including my Nike Vapor Jacket and brave the elements.   I got a little winded on the hills of my 5 mile run but I was able to complete it in 46:58 and average a 9:24 pace.  I am glad I toughed out the elements and pushed my self to finish the miles.   I think for my next long run I am going to connect my heart rate monitor to my Garmin Forerunner 15.   I have been reading that you need to keep your heart rate down if you want to run longer distances.  It may meaning running a slower pace at first but the trick is to control your heart rate so you will become less fatigued.   I need to do some more reading on this over the weekend.


As I mentioned in my first post of this challenge this is going to permanent lifestyle change so I have to be realistic about what I can do on daily basis.  Today my children were about to mutiny if I did not take them to a certain restaurant for dinner.   I knew if I did this I would be limited in my food choices so some days you just have to roll with the punches.   I ended up having a salad, shrimp fajitas, black beans and rice with a small glass of beer.   Amazingly my calorie count for the day did not exceed my normal limits.   It was a good lesson not to beat my self up because I am putting the work in and eating healthy the rest of the day.

Food And Exercise



Calories







No comments:

Post a Comment