Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 14

I went to bed at a decent hour after the first day on The Rock Boat.  In the middle of the night my phone decided to switch time zones and my 7:00AM alarm went of at 2:30AM.  My body did not want go back into a deep sleep at that point and I rolled in bed for the next few hours.   Around 6:00AM I decided I was going to go for a run up on the deck 12.  The Norwegian Pearl has a running track that is just under a normal 400 meter track.  You have to run 5 laps to equal a mile which is normally 4 laps on a standard track.    

Last night  I started reading the Scott Jurek book Eat And Run and it inspired me to push my self this morning.  I was about 2 miles into my run and the sun was just starting to crest the ocean in the distance and I was feeling great.  I was feeling stronger after each mile I ran.  My first mile was clocked at a 9:38 pace and by mile 3 I was running a 9:15 pace.   Miles 6-8 were all run under 9 minute miles.   I probably could have gone more than 8 miles that morning but I decided to shut it down and not risk any injury or extra soreness.   

I ate pretty well on the ship today.  I had my Arden's Garden Supergreen after my 8 mile run but I noticed it did not fill me up like my Vitamix shakes that I make at home.  I ended up eating a big breakfast because my body needed the calories to recover from the long morning run.  My goal for the rest of the day was to eat lots of salads and vegetables and whatever vegetarian dishes I could find.  I drank lots of water with my meals and just had a afternoon coffee to give me a boost for another long night.

Food And Exercise



Calories


No comments:

Post a Comment