Friday, January 16, 2015

Day 5

I am 5 days into my challenge and I am feeling stronger each day with tons of energy.   I've had no meat cravings and the strange thing is after having my juice and eggs in the morning I really have no appetite for eating a big lunch.  I have been forcing my self to eat something in the afternoon to keep my body fueled until dinner time.

I had a really good workout in the gym today and focused on shoulders, triceps and abdominals.   My legs were still a little sore from the 5 mile run I did yesterday so I decided to wait another day before putting more miles on them.   I think it is wise to gradually add miles to get back to 25 miles a week so I do not suffer a injury trying to get there.

Next week is my birthday and my wife and I went out to a nice dinner to celebrate.   We to try decided Eli Kirshtein's new restaurant the Luminary located in the Krog Street Market.   We have been a fan of Eli since he worked at Eno and we followed him on Top Chef Season 6.  The meal was absolutely amazing and I highly recommend checking out the restaurant if you live in Atlanta.  The restaurant was a really good choice considering both my wife and I are not eating meat these days.  There were some nice vegetarian dishes on the menu as well as some great fish options.  I had some oysters and octopus from the raw bar to start and for my appetizer I had some gnocchi that was cooked perfectly.   My main course dish was monkfish with squid and beans.   The meal ended up putting me over my goal calorie count for the day but I am okay with that.

I am looking forward to trying to knock out a 8 mile run this weekend and connecting my hear rate monitor to my Garmin watch.   I want to start analyzing my breathing during these longer runs and focus on relaxing and getting into a zone.

Food And Exercise


Calories




No comments:

Post a Comment